Dr. Tobias Schönhaar, LL.M.
Attorney | Partner
T: +49 89 2778253-0
Main Focus Areas
- Advising national and international clients of all sizes in the areas of venture capital, private equity and mergers & acquisitions;
- General corporate law advice to companies at any stage of their business, from incorporation to exit or successful establishment of the company in the market.
2014 – 2022
Weitnauer Rechtsanwälte, Munich, Partner
2010 – 2014
AFR Aigner Fischer Radlmayr, Munich, Senior Associate
2009 – 2011
Doctorate in capital market law with Prof. Dr. Dr. Peter Sester, Freiburg im Breisgau
2008 – 2009
Baker McKenzie, Munich, Associate
2007 – 2008
Master of Laws (LL.M.) Bond University, Australia
2005 – 2007
Legal clerkship at Stuttgart District Court
2002 – 2005
University of Constance
2000 – 2002
University of Tuebingen
Publications (sample selection)
- Incentivizing Founders by Granting Zero Shares, GWR 2020, 313ff.
- Basic Features of the Procedure of Liquidation of a GmbH, GWR 2020, 1ff.
- Structuring of virtual employee incentive programs, GWR 2017, 293ff.
- Convertible loans as a financing instrument, GWR 2016, 6ff.
- Tax recognition of incongruent profit distribution agreements in the case of limited liability companies (GmbH), GWR 2014, 361ff. (together with Dr. Carsten Dunkmann).
- Procedural sequences in company purchase agreements in medium-sized companies, GWR 2014, 273ff.
Awarded “Top Lawyer Corporate Law 2019” by WirtschaftsWoche in cooperation with Handelsblatt Research Institute (HRI) in the category of the best corporate lawyers in Germany.